Job Title: Accountant and Payroll/Human Resources Administrator
Reports To: Jackie DiStefano, VP of Finance and Operations
Work Hours: Full time/Part time status for this position is undetermined as of the date of this posting. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.
Date Posted: April 13, 2020
Using accounting principles, readies and maintains financial and business transactions. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions. Processes payroll and provides human resource administrative support the Museum and its employees.
- Analyzes the effects of transactions upon account relationships.
- Ensures the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management.
- Reconciles the payroll registers with the general ledger monthly.
- Generate & send invoices as needed and follow up on past due accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process accounts receivable and enter into accounting system, monitor other cash receipts.
- Perform monthly close of general ledger with associated journal entries and input into accounting system.
- Enter budgets into general ledger system.
- Responsible for accounting tasks related to grants; such as cash requests, final reports, etc.
- Reconcile annual giving, grant income, expenses & transfers, and other gifts on a monthly basis.
- Interprets the meaning of accounting records, reports, and statements.
- Produce reports requested by external auditors on annual basis.
- Prepares all monthly financial reports, including running financial position and income statement reports from account software, reconciling, analyzing and summarizing supporting information.
- Maintains and reconciles subsidiary ledgers, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, donor designated funds and fixed assets. Records depreciation expense annually.
- May recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
Payroll and Human Resources Functions
- Examine biweekly time reports and summarize hours for payment through the payroll system. Process bi-weekly payroll. Record biweekly payroll in accounting system, including labor distribution, using data from Paychex online platform.
- Responsible for updating payroll system with all changes in pay rates, withholdings, deductions, employee changes, etc.
- Work with broker & various providers to ensure proper set-up and ongoing maintenance of full-time employee benefits (ex: medical, dental, vision & life/LTD insurances, HSA & FSA, retirement accounts, etc.)
- Maintain all personnel records including personnel files, status changes, benefit changes, vacation records, sick leave records, Worker’s compensation, FMLA, disability, etc.
- As needed, initiate & monitor claims for Worker’s compensation and assist employees with filing disability & NYS Paid Family Leave claims. Also process FMLA requests when required.
- Conduct new hire orientations and explain Museum benefits such as medical, dental, 403(b), etc. Provide employees with benefit compliance documents when required.
- Process terminations, generate benefit termination letters. Administer COBRA.
- Reconcile monthly invoices for health and welfare benefits. Prepare government reports related to EEO compliance. Generate monthly Manpower report.
- Complete surveys and questionnaires as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by VP, Finance and Operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Human Resource Management or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Three to five years of experience in an Accounting, Payroll and/or HR administration role.
- Work experience in a Non-Profit organization is highly desired.
- Payroll processing experience – Paychex experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting practices.
- Knowledge of OSHA/Workers Compensation/Disability and Benefit Management.
- Use of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software – highly preferred.
- Position requires sitting, handling, speaking, seeing, hearing and repetitive motions and is performed in an office setting with moderate to light noise.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Jackie DiStefano, VP Finance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.