Need some extra cash for the Holidays?
The George Eastman Museum has a
Seasonal Employment Opportunity available from
October, 2019 – January 1, 2020
Job Title: Admissions Desk Associate
Working Hours: Must be available to work during the day, Tuesday through Friday, and either Saturday or Sunday. This position requires availability on weekends, some evenings, and holidays.
Start Date: Immediately
Posting Dates: September 30, 2019 until filled
Welcomes and provides exemplary customer service to all Museum visitors by answering questions and highlighting important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding visitor experience. Will support the daily operations of the Museums’ admissions desk.
- Performs ticket sales/ticket desk responsibilities at the Museum.
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures, including credit card terminals.
- Assist visitors when they enter and exit the museum; troubleshoot visitor issues and/or problems.
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to voice mail and email when needed.
- Record financial transactions relating to admissions and ticket sales; provide daily admissions and attendance reports.
- Maintain an atmosphere that contributes to the guest’s positive Museum experience.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess good customer skills, guest service/visitor engagement skills and basic math skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Experience interacting with a variety of clientele in person, over the phone and through e-mail with professionalism and enthusiasm is highly desired.
- Position requires standing, sitting, and walking for extended periods of time; with occasional stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting (25lbs), carrying, reaching, pushing/pulling, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.