The George Eastman Museum seeks part time staff for the Museum Café. Successful incumbents must provide exemplary customer service to all Museum visitors. They will assist in the preparation and serving of café items. Additionally, they will welcome visitors, answer visitor questions, and highlight important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding visitor experience.
The positions are part time and will require schedule flexibility to work special events and holidays. We anticipate two primary schedules:
- weekday lunch and afternoons and weekends (primarily Sundays)
- weekday late afternoon and early evenings and weekends (primarily Sundays)
Successful incumbents may be trained to assist in the museum shop and/or museum admissions desk.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages according to Museum Café standards and follow all proper food handling and safety procedures in the Café.
- Wipe down café tables, sweep and mop café floors, wash café dishes and keep equipment and facilities clean and sanitary.
- Restock inventory, cleaning, merchandising, and assisting visitors with their selections.
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures, including a point of sale system and credit card terminals. Record financial transactions.
- Provide exemplary customer service and maintain an atmosphere that contributes to the Museum guest’s positive experience.
- Previous retail/merchandising and customer service experience.
- Previous food handling or restaurant experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work as part of a team are essential.
- Awareness and/or certification (Monroe County) in proper food handling of food and basic safety precautions to prevent injury and/or illness.
- Familiarity with point of sale system/cash register.
Physical Activity and Work Environment:
- This position requires standing, walking, lifting (25lbs), carrying, reaching, pushing/pulling, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Work is primarily performed in a setting with moderate to light noise. Exposure to heat sources (oven and coffee maker) and hazardous equipment (knives, meat slicers, etc.)
For consideration, please submit a letter of interest that includes your work availability and resume to: email@example.com.
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.