Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Director
Reports To: Ron and Donna Fielding Director
Status: Full time
Posting Date: September 1, 2021 until filled
The Executive Assistant to the Director provides high level administrative support to the museum’s Director, including providing logistical coordination for the museum’s Board of Trustees and various board committees. The position will be responsible for organizing the day-to-day activities of the Director and the director’s office. The Executive Assistant also provides support, as necessary, to the Vice President, Development and the Vice President, Finance and Operations. The position will require initiative, sound judgement, independent decision-making, guest services skills, and a robust sense of humor.
For the Ron and Donna Fielding Director:
- Ensure that calendars are kept current, make appointments, and make arrangements for meetings among museum staff, trustees, donors, and guests.
- Organize the day-to-day activities of the Director’s office, including greeting and directing all visitors who have an appointment with or seek to see the Director.
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge donor database to document Director’s contact with donors and other museum supporters.
- Assist with coordination and mailing of gift acknowledgements and other donor correspondence prepared for the Director’s signature.
- Assist with coordination of donor relations activities, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner meetings with the Director, small donor cultivation events, and trustee orientations.
- Prepare and assist with correspondence (Deed of Gifts, “thank you” notes, and holiday cards), presentations, reports and documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Respond to inquiries via written requests, e-mail, or telephone.
- Prepare expense reports and museum credit card reimbursements for the director and prepare check requests for the museum’s institutional memberships (AAMD, AAM and MANY).
- Prepare All-Staff Agendas.
- Attend bi-weekly programming meeting.
- Receive, review and distribute to appropriate staff members “Tell the Director” comment cards.
- Monitor and approve senior staff time and attendance reporting.
- Track senior staff vacation schedules.
Support for the Board of Trustees and Various Trustee Committees:
- Schedule, communicate with participants, and ensure all logistics (including meeting location and/or Zoom) are arranged for meetings of the Board of Trustee and its various committees.
- Attend Board of Trustees and various committee meetings to assist in the presentation of materials and the recording and taking of minutes.
- Draft minutes of Board of Trustees meetings and certain board committee meetings.
- Maintain and update Trustee Directory (including e-mail addresses) and committee rosters.
For the Vice President, Development
- Coordinate with Development Department on receipt of gift checks and initial processing steps.
- Periodically provide administrative support for membership and invitation mailings.
- Assist with staffing donor and special events (including occasional weeknights and weekends) as requested, including preparation of name tags.
- Assist with maintaining filing systems for donor correspondence and other records.
- Schedule internal and external meetings.
- Attend weekly Development Department staff meetings.
- Coordinate and track requests for donated memberships from outside organizations.
- Track and record facility use/special events in Raiser’s Edge for the Director of Special Events.
For the Vice President, Finance and Operations
- Distribute and process mail, including initial processing of membership and annual fund checks received.
- Coordinate museum-wide supply orders and monitor and supply store room.
- Schedule meetings as requested.
- Provide support in the preparation and submission of various financial reports.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment is an office setting with moderate to light noise. This position requires seeing, hearing, speaking, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling a maximum of 35 pounds.
- 5—7 years’ experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant at the most senior level, including experience supporting and interacting with an entity’s board of trustees or directors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite programs is essential.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software or comparable donor management software is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communications, and note-taking skills.
- Ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously, thrive in a high-pressure environment, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to comfortably interact with all levels of management, staff, trustees, donors, members, volunteers, and visitors, while projecting warmth and enthusiasm.
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and a current CV or resume to Jacqueline DiStefano, VP, Finance and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.