Health & Safety at the Dryden Theatre
The Dryden Theatre is now open. For information on film screenings, click here.
We are excited to welcome you back to the Dryden Theatre! In order to ensure all our guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, we continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, and Monroe County Health Department and make operational decisions and adjustments as necessary.
Questions? Please contact the box office at (585) 327-4839.
Masks & Health
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated visitors or for children under 3 years old.
- Masks are required for all unvaccinated individuals (including children 3 and older); please bring a mask for each member of your party.
- Masks are required for unvaccinated visitors outdoors on museum grounds when it is not possible to maintain a distance of six feet from other parties.
- If you are not vaccinated and are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, we ask you come at a later date when masks are not required.
- By purchasing a ticket, you are affirming that on the day of your visit you will do a self-health check, confirming that you are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Advance tickets are recommended. Members, nonmembers, and Take-10 passholders may purchase/reserve tickets online here.
- During the ticket reservation process, guests will be advised that on the day of their visit that entry will be permitted only if:
- No one in the party feels ill; no one in the party has had any symptoms as recognized by the CDC in the past 14 days; and no one in the party has been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- General Admission: $10
- Museum Members: $7
- Students and Children: $5
- Free to SNAP/EBT cardholders and their families and to active-duty military and their families
- Members and students will be asked to show member card or ID when they present their ticket.
- Doors open at 6:45 p.m.
- Hand sanitizing stations are provided for visitor use throughout the lobby.
- When possible, non-automatic doors and entryways are push only.
- Patrons should follow posted signs.
- Introductions to films will take place as usual.
- Open Face at the Eastman Museum and Museum Shop close at 5 p.m. and therefore will not be open before Dryden Theatre film screenings.
- The Dryden Theatre can accommodate two patrons in wheelchairs at this time.
- A hearing loop is available.
- The patron must leave their ID in exchange for use of the hearing loop.
- These aids will be sanitized after each use.
- The accessible entrance to the Dryden Theatre is through the Eastman Museum’s main entrance at the Thomas Tischer Visitor Center, next to the Dryden Theatre main entrance.
- For more information visit eastman.org/accessibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will you require masks for fully vaccinated visitors?
- No, anyone who is fully vaccinated does not need to wear a mask in the theatre.
- Will you require masks for unvaccinated visitors?
- Yes, we will require that masks be worn by all guests over three years old who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine when they’re in the museum. This includes children 3 and older.
- Will the Dryden provide masks if I don’t have my own?
- We ask that you please bring your own mask when you visit.
- If I am unvaccinated, can I take my mask off once I’m seated in the theater?
- No. Unvaccinated patrons must keep their masks on throughout the screening.
- What if I don’t want to/can’t wear a mask?
- If you are unvaccinated and are either unwilling or unable to wear a mask for medical or health reasons, we ask that you come to the museum at a later date.
- Will temperature readings be taken?
- No; however, we ask that you conduct your own self-health assessment to determine if you have a fever or any other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Do I need to wear a mask while on the grounds or in the gardens?
- Vaccinated visitors fo not need to wear masks.
- Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear masks outdoors on museum grounds when it is not possible to maintain a distance of six feet from other parties.
- Will temperature readings be taken at the box office?
- No; however, we ask that you conduct your own self-health assessment to determine if you have a temperature before you come to the theater.
- What proof of vaccination do I need?
- No proof is required; confirmation of vaccination is on the honor system.
- How will the Dryden Theatre be cleaned between screenings?
- The entire auditorium will be sanitized by spray after each screening. Flat surfaces and frequently touched objects such as door handles will be sanitized with wipes after each screening.
- New York State requires enhanced air filtration and ventilation; does the Dryden have these?
- Yes, our ventilation and air filtration systems meet the current requirements set by New York State.
- When should I purchase my ticket?
- Advance tickets are recommended and can be purchased online up until showtime, pending availability.
- Do museum members need to reserve tickets in advance?
- Members are encouraged to purchase a ticket for a film screening in advance.
- Can I purchase tickets in person?
- Yes, you may purchase tickets on-site; however, we strongly recommend buying them in advance online to reduce contact and as seating is limited. If available, tickets can be purchased at the box office before a screening.
- Will you accept cash?
- Electronic forms of payment help reduce touch points, but we will accept all forms of payment.
- How do I use my Take-10 or free guest passes to the Dryden?
- If you have a Take-10, you should still reserve your ticket online and select the Take-10 pass option. When you check in at the theater, present your Take-10 along with your tickets.
- If you have a pass, you may request a ticket onsite at the time of the screening. You will be asked to present your pass at the box office.
- What if I typically receive free admission to screenings?
- If you are active-duty military, a SNAP/EBT card holder, or a George Eastman Society member, you may request a ticket onsite at the time of the screening. You will be asked to present your ID or George Eastman Society member card.
- Do I get to select my seats in advance?
- No. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Is food or drink allowed in the theater?
- No. We do not have concessions and do not allow food and drinks inside the theater.
- Will your café and store be open before or after films?
- No; Open Face at the Eastman Museum and the Museum Shopare open during regular museum hours and close at 5 p.m. They will not be open prior to film screenings.