Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Working Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, 7 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Status: Full Time, 40 hours per week.
Start Date: Immediately
The Maintenance Assistant position consists of light maintenance duties and housekeeping duties, which will entail 30% of the week performing light preventative maintenance and 70% of the week performing custodial services. A heavy emphasis on the cleanliness in the new Visitor Center and Café is expected. Responsible for bi-weekly preventative maintenance services in café kitchen, to include filter cleaning, deep cleaning, and sanitization of spaces. Strong attention to cleanliness and sanitization in public restrooms and public spaces is expected.
- Performs a variety of custodial tasks to provide a clean and safe public facility
- Custodial tasks include sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, deodorizing, glass cleaning, polishing, trash and recycling removal in all areas of the Museum, in both the interior and the exterior areas.
- Keeps an organized and well stocked closet and is responsible to notify the Maintenance Supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Maintains cleaning equipment and cleaning tools, and notifies the maintenance staff when equipment is in need of repair.
- Must be customer service focused at all times to ensure a pleasant visitor experience to all visitors of the George Eastman Museum as well as museum staff.
- Assists in bulk mailings, and mail delivery when needed.
- Assists in maintenance and custodial duties of outside properties owned or lease by the GEM.
- Assists in special events that may require overtime and/or adjustments to the weekly schedule.
- Other duties as scheduled by Maintenance Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule is of key importance in this position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to adapt to changes, and reliability are required in this role.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Duties will require standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, seeing, hearing, and repetitive motion.
- Work takes place throughout the museum environment with moderate to light noise. Some exposure to outdoor elements.
Please submit your resume for consideration to jstanin[at]eastman.org.
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.