Job Title: Network and Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Andrea Campbell, Chief Technology Strategist and IT Director
Status: Full Time
Posting Dates: October 5–until filled
This position is primarily responsible for the management and maintenance of the George Eastman Museums (GEM) network, server, backup, and storage area network environments. This position ensures compliance with IT security standards and best practices. This position is also responsible for the maintenance and high availability of enterprise applications and associated databases to support organizational goals. This position will collaborate with the help desk and project teams and be engaged in museum-wide projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the maintenance, performance, and capacity management of GEM's virtual server environment (VMware) and HP storage area network (SAN) system.
- Responsible for the systems supporting enterprise applications and associated SQL databases to meet the museum's needs. Manage and engages external vendors to help accomplish these goals as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the museum's network and wireless infrastructure. This includes routers, switches, wireless (Wi-Fi) hardware and software, DHCP, and the cabling and management of network closets.
- Assists with VEEAM data backups and secures data according to established procedures.
- Enhance and maintain Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, and Lansweeper monitoring system associated with the museum's infrastructure.
- Assist with the maintenance of firewalls and security posture for maximum museum protection.
- Serves as a technical resource for the help desk. Assist with upgrades, installation, and create scripts for automation of everyday tasks as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining technical and user policies, procedures, and SLAs for server, network, security, including a network and server diagram.
- Diagnose server and network hardware problems, and replace defective components within the datacenter and switch closets. Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs and manage vendor relationships associated with the warranty and maintenance of the equipment.
- Assist with the support of the telecommunications and e-mail systems.
- Performs other duties as may be required for the overall management and operation of the museum's technical infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent area of study preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Server/Systems Administrator required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Network Administrator or equivalent role required.
- Experience maintaining VMware and HP storage/SAN systems required.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco and HP networking equipment, Windows Server OS, Windows SQL Server, and Microsoft Active Directory management required.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism regarding safeguarding sensitive data is also a requirement.
- Proven skills and proficiency managing a network and server environment.
- Must be able to work with team members and colleagues in person or over the phone in a courteous, pleasant, professional, and efficient manner. Discretion, accuracy, and clarity in communication are essential.
- Proven project management and leadership skills are preferred.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, be able to perform duties accurately and independently, and be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Work takes place in an office setting with moderate to light noise. The individual is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, carry, pull, uses hands and fingers, and be able to see, talk and hear. May be required to climb, bend, or squat on occasion. Must regularly lift and move 20-35 pounds and occasionally lift or pull 35-50 pounds.
Please submit your resume with cover letter for consideration to Andrea Campbell at email@example.com.
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.