Job Title: Part-time Accounting Clerk
Department: Accounting/Business Office
Reports To: Jackie DiStefano, VP Finance and Operations
Work Hours: Part-time position. Varies between 10 and 15 hours per week
Date Posted: June 1 – June 15, 2020
This position will provide support in daily accounting functions, specifically in accounts receivable.
- Track and code incoming revenues for various museum services.
- Prepare & send invoices for various museum services, monitor receivables, follow up on past due accounts, and record payments.
- Track & code incoming revenues designated by donors from individuals, corporate and foundation contributions.
- Maintain, post payments and reconcile with the development office all gift pledge receivables
- Prepare and send financial reports and invoices for Federal and State grants
- Maintain and reconcile subsidiary receivable and grant ledger(s)
- Draft correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by VP, Finance and Operations.
- Three + years’ experience in an Account Receivable role and general accounting processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with all museum staff and customers.
- Work experience in a non-for-profit organization and/or familiarity with grants and donor designated funding is highly desired.
- Use of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software is highly preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.