Job Title: Part-time Help Desk Technician
Department: Information/Technology Department
Reports To: Andrea Campbell, Director of Information Technology
Work Hours: Part-time position. 20 hours per week. 4 hours per day. 10 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: On-site at George Eastman Museum, 900 East Avenue. All necessary safety measures are in place at the Museum, and appropriate protective items will be provided by the Museum while on-site.
Date Posted: February 11, 2021 until filled
The Help Desk Technician serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance. The position utilizes both remote tools and being on-site troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques to determine the best solution based on customers’ issues and details. The Help Desk Technician must also communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient in dealing with all technical knowledge types that a customer may possess.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or ticketing system Spiceworks.
- Triage technical issues remotely utilizing windows, JAMF, and Spiceworks remote control tools to determine the best resolution, including software installation or system upgrades. Escalate to the appropriate group if needed for additional assistance.
- Assist in developing, deploying and maintaining an asset imaging process.
- Responsible for tracking users assigned to each asset, including a standard naming convention.
- Provide level 1 support for all audio and visual needs at the museum.
- Maintain the IT portal web site to be leveraged as a user self-help database.
- Maintain Spiceworks help desk system, including Zoho remote control tool. This includes following up with each customer before closing a ticket to ensure the customer is satisfied.
- Responsible for day to day systems access requests, including onboarding and offboarding users.
- Responsible for monitoring the Landsweeper system dashboard and addressing or escalating any issues daily.
- Keeps detailed documentation on software installation steps, image installation steps, and on-boarding and off-boarding procedures.
- Assists with maintaining the Mitel phone system user change requests (adds/removes/updates).
- Manages the JAMF mac management system as it relates to user add/moves/changes.
- Responsible for proactive printer management and maintaining the toner supplies inventory and ordering.
- Responsible for managing the inventory list of IT desktop related (non-server) equipment in the inventory room, maintain reorder points and notify the director when replenishment is required.
- Responsible for communicating and maintaining good working relationships with the following vendors; Toshiba (printers), Maven (equipment recycling), Mitel (phone support), and Spiceworks (help desk and remote control system).
- Working with other members of the IT dept to ensure desktop, laptop and IOS equipment is patched with the latest security patches.
- A strong understanding of managing Windows, Mac and IOS platforms in a corporate environment.
- Experience with Active directory, including but not limited to the management of users, groups and computers via group policy.
- A minimum of four years of proven experience as a help desk technician or other technical IT customer support role.
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, telecommunications, networks, databases, and remote control solutions.
- Proven and solid understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve all desktop related technical issues.
- Knowledge of virtual environments is a plus.
- Knowledge of WSUS is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have access to secure internet service and phone for a remote working arrangement as needed.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, lifting/carrying (up to 50lbs), speaking, handling, smelling and seeing
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Andrea Campbell, Director of Information Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.