Job Title: Part-time Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Department: Facilities/Business Office
Status: Part time. Up to 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Will need to work a few hours per day, with flexibility in scheduling of hours.
Start Date: Immediately
Posting Dates: August 12, 2019 until filled.
Manage incoming and outgoing mail, shipments, and supply room inventory. Will coordinate with the business office when ordering supplies.
- Send out U.S. and foreign mail using the most effective means possible.
- Process UPS, Fed EX and other shippers in the most efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the document requirements for US Customs.
- Pick up outgoing mail twice a day from the third floor mansion and from the mail drop box on the first floor.
- Assist with bulk mailings when necessary.
- Monitor postage meter balance and replenish as needed.
- Manage all other shipping and receiving duties, including preparation of packages for shipment and delivery of packages to Museum staff.
- Stock copier paper in all locations and maintain paper inventory.
- Manage the office supply stock room and fill office supply requests/orders from staff.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to adapt, and reliability are required in this role.
- This position will regularly require standing, walking, sitting, lifting/carrying (25 lbs.), pushing/pulling, reaching, seeing, handling and repetitive motions. Work takes place primarily in an environment with moderate to light noise.
Please submit your application and/or resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.