Celebrate the season as George Eastman’s guest and enjoy 24 holiday classics performed by the George Eastman Museum’s resident organist, Joe Blackburn. Blackburn brings his intimate knowledge of Eastman’s original three-story, 6,037-pipe Aeolian pipe organ to his performance at Eastman’s National Historic Landmark mansion in Rochester, NY. The music chosen for this Christmas program is a selection of carols and popular songs from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. “Silent Night,” “Deck the Halls,” “Jingle Bells,” and “Jolly Old Saint Nicholas,” these are all holiday songs and carols that Eastman would have known. (“White Christmas” and “The Christmas Song” came along in the next generation.)
- An Eastman Christmas is a fundraising project of the Eastman Museum Council
- Performed by Joe Blackburn
- Produced by Jack and Bonnie Garner
- Recording and mastering by Antonio H. Guerrero
- Booklet notes by Jack Garner
- 24 Tracks
Your purchase supports the George Eastman Museum, an independent nonprofit institution.