Job Title: Security Host
Reports To: Rob Bretz, Security Manager
Status: Full time, 37.5 – 40 hours per week. Hours will vary between 6:00 am and 8:30 pm, with some weekend and evening hours required.
Posting Dates: September 10 – September 24, 2020
To ensure the security, safety, and well-being of all staff, volunteers, students, and visitors as well as protecting the collections throughout the museum. Establish a welcoming presence for all people entering the museum.
- The Security Host will be cross-trained in standard security practices and will provide appropriate levels of safety within the George Eastman Museum.
- Immediate response to alarms, calls, and emergencies to provide the necessary action.
- Monitor all camera sites at the appropriate Post.
- Follow the specific post orders in place for each post.
- Ensure that any restricted area remains secure.
- Monitor issues that appear suspicious in nature such as disorderly people, fire hazards, theft prevention, etc.
- Complete incident reports when there are injuries, illnesses, thefts, or safety issues experienced by staff, trustees, students, interns, volunteers, guests, and visitors.
- Exhibit and support the principles and philosophy of the museum, including the Mission statement.
- Provide exemplary customer service and engage with museum visitors.
- Answer questions about the objects and work of the museum and assist visitors when necessary.
- Ensure visitors do not conduct activities that are prohibited by the museum.
- Help visitors find their way around, operate special viewing equipment, and locate objects and materials.
- Notify maintenance staff when there is something that needs to be addressed in the museum (e.g. spills, messes).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Security Supervisor, Security Manager, Facilities Director, or other members of the chain of command.
- The duties of this position will require standing and walking for extended periods of time, sitting, lifting/carrying (25lbs), speaking, hearing, and observing.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- 2– 5 years of experience as a security guard or other role in law enforcement.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
- Familiarity with commercial or museum building security practices.
- Experience in providing exemplary visitor and customer service.
- CPR/Basic First Aid Certification preferred. AED training preferred.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Robert Bretz at email@example.com.
George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.