Job Title: Security Host
Reports To: Rob Bretz, Security Manager
Status: Part time, 16 hours per week. Wednesday – Saturday. Hours may vary between 6 pm and 10:00 pm)
Posting Dates: March 8, 2021 – March 19, 2021
Maintaining the safety and security of all staff, students, volunteers and visitors as well as protecting the collections within the museum during the regularly scheduled evening movie showings in the Dryden Theatre.
- Ensure the safety and security of all staff, volunteers, visitors as well as the various museum collections.
- Immediate response to alarms, calls, and emergencies to provide the necessary action.
- Follow the specific post orders in place for the evening movie guard shift.
- Assist Dryden theatre staff as guests are arriving and leaving.
- Monitor issues that appear suspicious in nature such as disorderly people, fire hazards, theft prevention, etc.
- Complete incident reports when there are injuries, illnesses, thefts, or safety issues experienced by staff, trustees, students, interns, volunteers, guests, and visitors.
- Exhibit and support the principles and philosophy of the museum, including the Mission statement.
- Provide exemplary customer service and engage with museum visitors.
- Answer questions and assist visitors when necessary.
- Ensure visitors do not conduct activities that are prohibited by the museum.
- Notify maintenance staff when there is something that needs to be addressed in the museum (e.g. spills, messes).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Security Supervisor, Security Manager, Facilities Director, or other members of the chain of command.
- The duties of this position will require standing and walking for extended periods of time, sitting, lifting/carrying (25lbs), speaking, hearing, and observing.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid and up to date NYS Security Guard license.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- 2– 5 years of experience as a security guard or other role in law enforcement.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
- Familiarity with commercial or museum building security practices.
- Experience in providing exemplary visitor and customer service.
- CPR/Basic First Aid Certification preferred. AED training preferred.
Please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.