We are seeking an experienced professional to serve as Security Manager and to develop an in-house frontline team, cross-trained in standard security practices and exemplary visitor service.
Job Title: Security Manager
Reports To: Rich Magnanti, Facilities Director
Status: Full time, 35 – 40 hours per week
Posting Dates: December 5 – December 19, 2019
The Security Manager will direct the museum’s security function for the protection, safety and comfort of visitors, staff, facility and collections; and direct and conduct training for frontline staff in both security practices and visitor service protocols.
- Direct the work and scheduling of employed frontline staff in security and visitor engagement responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Visitor Services staff to ensure that all frontline staff provide appropriate levels of safety for and engagement with museum visitors.
- Direct the work and scheduling of the security staff and contracted security staff to include hiring training and assigning work, evaluating performance and handling employee relations issues. Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations (regular testing of the alarm system, fire extinguisher checks, fire drills, maintaining security equipment, etc.).
- Obtain and stay abreast of resources of future technology software requirements and projects. Will analyze data to form proposals for improvements, upgrades, and/or new technologies impacting security operations and be responsible for the implementation and continued maintenance of the Security Administration software.
- Identify, investigate and resolve security breaches and safety issues.
- Issue, track and recover identification badges and keys for all staff, trustees, students, interns and volunteers. Maintain roster sheets of all staff, students and volunteers.
- Oversee provision of security badges to authorized visitors, contract staff, vendors and guests. Ensure that they are not allowed access to facilities without an employee escort.
- Obtain incident reports related to injuries, illnesses, thefts, or safety issues experienced by staff, trustees, students, interns, volunteers, guests and visitors.
- Conduct fire extinguisher training annually. Coordinate fire drill exercises bi-annually.
- Work closely with Special Events Director to ensure proper security staffing is scheduled.
- Serve on the museum’s Disaster Planning and Visitor Services Committee.
- React to off hour security and fire alarm calls.
- Work a post during museum’s visitor hours.
- Coordinate AED and CPR Training as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Facilities Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma.
- 5–10 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Supervisory/managerial experience outside of public safety, security, law enforcement or military will be considered.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Ability to be “on call” to react to off hours alarm calls.
- Experienced in providing training to security officers and/or visitor service staff.
- Familiarity with commercial or museum building security practices preferred.
- Familiarity with and commitment to exemplary visitor or customer service.
- CPR/Basic First Aid Certified Preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to Rich Magnanti, Facilities Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The George Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.