Job Title: Visitor Services Associate
Department: Museum Café (Open Face at Eastman Museum), Museum Shop, and the Welcome Center
Working Hours: Varied
Start Date: Immediately
Posting Date: April 6, 2021
Provide exemplary customer service to all museum patrons at the Welcome Center, Museum Café (Open Face) and Museum Shop, as assigned. Primary function will be to provide support to the Museum Café preparing and serving food and beverages. Will assist in the Museum Shop or Welcome Center as needed. Will welcome visitors, answer questions, and highlight important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding visitor experience. This position is part time with varied hours and requires the incumbent to work weekdays, weekends, some evenings, and holidays.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages according to Open Face standards. Food preparation to include chopping, slicing, mixing, baking and roasting. Must be able to follow recipes and produce consistent product.
- Follow all proper food handling and safety procedures.
- Wipe down tables, sweep and mop floors, wash dishes, and keep equipment and facilities clean and sanitary according to code.
- Sell tickets, memberships, gift cards, etc. at the Welcome Center.
- Sell, price, stock, and straighten merchandise at the Museum Shop.
- Cash register sales, including taking customer orders, handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons in the Museum.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma.
- Experience in a restaurant or other food service environment is required.
- Excellent demonstratable customer service skills are a must.
- Possess good verbal communication and basic math skills.
- Must have flexibility to report to work upon short notice.
- This position requires standing, walking, lifting (25lbs), carrying, reaching, pushing/pulling, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Work is primarily performed in a setting with moderate to light noise. Exposure to heat sources (oven and coffee maker) and hazardous equipment (knives, meat slicers, etc.).
Please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.