Job Title: Visitor Services Associate
Department: Museum Eatery (Open Face), Museum Shop, Welcome Center
Working Hours: Varied
Start Date: Immediately
Provide exemplary customer service to all museum patrons at the Museum Eatery (Open Face), Lipson Welcome Center, and Museum Shop as assigned. Primary function will be to provide support to the Museum Eatery preparing and serving food and beverages. Will assist in the Museum Shop or Visitor Center as needed. Will welcome visitors, answer questions, and highlight important areas of the museum to ensure an outstanding visitor experience. This position is full-time with varied hours and requires the incumbent to work weekdays, weekends, some evenings, and holidays.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages according to the Museum Eatery (Open Face) standards. Food preparation to include chopping, slicing, mixing, baking and roasting. Must be able to follow recipes and produce consistent product.
- Follow all proper food handling and safety procedures.
- Wipe down tables, sweep and mop floors, wash dishes, and keep equipment and facilities clean and sanitary according to code.
- Sell tickets, memberships, gift cards, etc. at the Welcome Center.
- Sell, price, stock, and straighten merchandise at the Museum Shop.
- Cash register sales, including taking customer orders, handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons visiting the museum.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma.
- Experience in a restaurant or other food service environment is required.
- Excellent demonstratable customer service skills are a must.
- Possess good verbal communication and basic math skills.
- This position requires standing, walking, lifting (25lbs), carrying, reaching, pushing/pulling, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Work is primarily performed in a setting with moderate to light noise. Exposure to heat sources (oven and coffee maker) and hazardous equipment (knives, meat slicers, etc.)
Please submit your resume for consideration to Amelia Galasso at email@example.com
The Eastman Museum is committed to advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility at our institution and in our society. The Eastman Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.