Welcome Back: Reopening the Eastman Museum
The George Eastman Museum will reopen to members beginning Friday, July 17, and Saturday, July 18, and to the general public beginning Sunday, July 19. Even as museums in our region were permitted to reopen with Phase IV at the end of June, we delayed our own reopening due to ongoing construction on the Thomas Tischer Visitor Center. As we look to our reopening, we are prioritizing the health and safety of visitors and staff.
When we reopen, the following measures will be taken:
- All visitors and staff members will be required to wear face coverings/masks when on the museum grounds—this includes all indoor and outdoor areas of the museum (i.e., galleries, historic mansion, gardens).
- Advance tickets are recommended and may be purchased online.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided for visitor use throughout the museum.
- When possible, non-automatic doors and entryways will be push only.
- Narrow paths throughout the museum will become one-way, with alternative routes available.
- Capacity limits will be enforced in all gallery spaces, restrooms, and throughout the historic mansion.
- Visitors in different parties are expected to maintain a proper social distance from each other when possible during their time at the museum.
Please note the museum’s new hours: Wednesday–Saturday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
At this time, movie theaters are not yet permitted to open in New York State. Furthermore, the construction of the Thomas Tischer Visitor Center will also delay the reopening of the Dryden Theatre. The Dryden is slated to reopen to the public on August 18.