Welcome Back: Reopening the Eastman Museum
The George Eastman Museum will reopen in mid-July. As we look to our reopening, we are prioritizing the health and safety of visitors and staff.
When we reopen, the following measures will be taken:
- All visitors and staff members will be required to wear face masks when on the museum grounds—this includes all indoor and outdoor areas of the museum (i.e., galleries, historic mansion, gardens)
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided for visitor use throughout the museum
- When possible, non-automatic doors and entryways will be push only
- Narrow paths throughout the museum will become one-way, with alternative routes available
- Capacity limits will be enforced in all gallery spaces, restrooms, and throughout the historic mansion
- Visitors in different parties are expected to maintain a proper social distance from each other when possible during their time at the museum
At press time, movie theaters are not yet permitted to open in New York State. Furthermore, the construction of the Thomas Tischer Visitor Center will also delay the reopening of the Dryden Theatre, as the theater cannot open for film screenings until the new restrooms are complete and can be accessed during evening films. The Dryden Theatre is slated to reopen to the public on August 18. The theater will implement similar safety measures upon reopening, including reduced seating capacity in the theater, masks, hand sanitizing stations, and social distancing.