See Rochester in a new way!
A nod to George Eastman’s own love of cycling, this bike tour will take you to ten different locations related to the life and work of this pioneer of popular photography and famous Rochesterian. You will see buildings and sites that shaped Eastman’s life—or were in turn shaped by him.
The George Eastman Bike Tours are led by Jesse Peers, former archivist in the George Eastman Legacy Collection and League of American Bicyclists certified bike instructor. Peers will guide participants on the relaxed pace, 6.5-mile tour. At each of the ten stops, Peers will share insight into Eastman’s life and work.
Open to riders of all experience levels. Limited to 12 participants.
Health & Safety
- Riders must wear a helmet.
- Riders should try to maintain 6 feet of space from others when stopped and ride 20 feet behind the next rider.
- If you're feeling ill, please stay home and we'll try our best to accommodate you on another ride.
- Tour begins and ends at the Eastman Museum.
- Limited space available; advance registration required.
- To participate, every rider will need to sign a waiver before the tour begins and must bring a helmet, mask, and tuned-up bike.
- Refunds are granted only if requested more than two weeks prior to the event.
In the event of passing rain, the ride will be delayed. In the event of a downpour, the ride will be cancelled and riders will have the option to either select another bike tour date or get a full refund. Delay or postponement will be determined on site at the start time of the ride.