Donors are an essential part of our ability to flourish as a world-class cultural organization. Your philanthropic investment in our core mission and special projects help to advance the George Eastman Museum and enrich the experience of visitors, students, and scholars.
Opportunities for Support
- Museum Collections. Support acquisitions and preservation of photography, film, technology, library, and George Eastman legacy collections.
- Exhibitions. Sponsor a museum exhibition or provide general funding for exhibitions and related public programs.
- Historic Mansion and Gardens. Support current restoration of George Eastman’s historic estate or contribute to a reserve fund to support future preservation initiatives.
- Explore Your Options. Learn more about development of specialized centers of research, capital improvements, and educational programs that will further the museum’s leadership in photography and cinema.
Ways of Giving
Gifts of cash, securities, or other assets may be used to invest in the museum’s current initiatives or provide long-term support for its future.
- Endowed Funds. An endowed fund may be established with a gift of $50,000 or more to support a specific purpose. Or, consider a gift of any amount to strengthen existing endowed funds for museum operations and collections support.
- Current-Use Funds. Current-use funds provide immediate support for the museum and may be restricted for special purposes or directed to the areas of greatest need.
- Planned Gifts. Create a legacy and provide future support for the museum through gifts that can offer tax benefits and enable you to make a more significant gift than otherwise possible. Donors who establish planned gifts are recognized as members of the 900 East Avenue Society.
- Bequests. Designate the Eastman Museum in your will as the recipient of a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the remainder of your estate.
- Life Insurance Policies. Name the museum as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or make the museum the owner and beneficiary of a policy no longer needed for family protection.
- Individual Retirement Accounts. Designate the museum to receive all or a portion of remaining funds in your retirement plan.
- Life Income Gifts. Make a gift and receive annual income for yourself and/or others for a term of years.
- Pooled Life Income Fund of the George Eastman Museum. Gifts are invested and managed by the Eastman Museum as a common fund, with quarterly income distributed to the beneficiaries. Upon the death of a beneficiary, the value of his or her shares passes to the museum.
To explore philanthropic opportunities and discuss gift arrangements, please contact:
Lisa Ann Seischab
Vice President, Strategic Advancement
(585) 271-3361 ext. 292