Make real daguerreotypes with your own 35mm camera—without expensive processing equipment or dangerous chemicals!
This is a great online workshop for anyone who wants to make daguerreotypes. In this three-hour online workshop, you will be shown the process of how to polish, sensitize, shoot, and process daguerreotypes using the Becquerel method, which does not include the use of mercury fumes. You’ll be amazed how easy it is to make precious, tiny daguerreotypes suitable for exhibition or jewelry.
Limited to ten participants.
- 3 hours of instruction and Q&A via Google Meet
- PDF manual with instructions and recipes
Note: This workshop includes instructions and guidance on how to make 35mm daguerreotypes at home. The workshop is a small group setting, but we are not able to provide individualized troubleshooting for attendees attempting to follow along at home. If you're looking for one-on-one instruction, we suggest setting up a private virtual tutorial; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Members: $350
- Nonmembers: $375
- High speed internet connection. The museum is not responsible for troubleshooting technical issues of attendees; please test your connection prior to attending.
Workshop Refund Policy
- The museum offers refunds up to ten working days before the event.
- Tickets are transferable to another attendee up to five working days before the event.
- The museum is not responsible for outages, technical issues, and issues with connectivity experienced by the attendee.
- We strongly recommend testing all technology and software prior to the event.
- In the case where the museum is unable to do the event due to technical issues, all tickets will be refunded or the event will be rescheduled.
Darkroom Magic: Make a 35mm Daguerreotype
Curious about what this workshop will involve? Check out our Darkroom Magic video on the topic for a teaser of what you will learn.