Holidays at the Museum
Although some of our traditions may be a little different in 2021, the Eastman Museum is still bringing you many opportunities to celebrate the season with us.
Our annual displays will fill the museum with familiar cheer, and some new protocols will help ensure the health and safety of all our guests:
- Nonmembers are required to reserve tickets in advance at eastman.org/tickets. All holiday displays are included with museum admission.
- Members and others receiving free admission (active-duty military, SNAP/EBT cardholders) do not need to reserve timed tickets. Just show your member card, military ID, or EBT/SNAP card at the Lipson Welcome Center when you arrive at the museum.
- Capacity: Capacity limits are being enforced throughout the museum.
- We request your patience during the busy holiday season as there may be wait times during weekends.
- Tue.–Sat. 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sun. 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Holiday Displays and Auctions
Sweet Creations, Saturday, November 13, 2021–Sunday, January 2, 2022
This annual display features dozens of cleverly designed and deliciously decorated gingerbread creations.
Wreath Display, Tuesday, November 9–Sunday, December 5, 2021
See dozens of uniquely decorated wreaths on view in the Potter Peristyle.
See the gingerbread, wreaths, and trees in person and place your bids online! Use your own device at the museum or log on after your visit. Instructions and information on bidding is located on the bidding site, click button below.
Hair Love, November 13–January 2, screening during regular museum hours.
In this captivating, Academy Award–winning animated digital short film, seven-year-old Zuri attempts to style her own hair while following an online video tutorial. Seeing that she needs help, her father Stephen comes to the rescue.
It's a Wonderful Life–Meet & Greet and Film Screening, Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 6 p.m.
In honor of the film's 75th anniversary, actors Karolyn Grimes and Jimmy Hawkins will be onsite for a meet & greet and will introduce the film.
Family Friendly Holiday Fun at Home
Visit the museum's annual Sweet Creations display to get inspired, then make your own gingerbread houses using paper bags and craft materials at home! This is a no-mess fun way to create gingerbread houses for the holidays.
Want more gingerbread inspiration? Check out these books featuring a range of folktales from around the world, featuring variations on the story of the gingerbread man.
Snowflake Photo Fun
Join the Eastman Museum and the Rochester Museum and Science Center for some snowflake fun!Video: Snowflake Fun
Explore snowflake photographs in our collection
360 Holiday Tour
View the historic mansion decorated for the season—online with our holiday virtual tour.
Make your own gingerbread houses using our recipes, including making your own dough from scratch and ideas for more simple edible and festive creations.