Holidays at the Museum
We’re so excited to welcome you to the museum this holiday season. Although some of our traditions may be a little different in 2020, the Eastman Museum is still bringing you many opportunities to celebrate. Our annual displays will fill the museum with familiar cheer, and some new protocols will help ensure the health and safety of all our guests. We invite you to join us in person and online throughout November and December.
Plan Your Holiday Visit (Nov. 6–Dec. 13)
Our annual displays will fill the museum with familiar cheer, and some new protocols will help ensure the health and safety of all our guests:
- Timed Ticketing: To reduce crowds for health and safety, we’re implementing timed ticketing from November 6 through December 16.
- Nonmembers must reserve tickets in advance at eastman.org/tickets.
- Members and others receiving free admission (active-duty military, SNAP/EBT cardholders) do not need to reserve timed tickets. Just show your member card, military ID, or EBT/SNAP card at the Lipson Welcome Center when you arrive at the museum.
- If you do not have access to a printer, tickets may be scanned from a smartphone.
- Need help? See our instructions on how to purchase tickets:
- For immediate assistance regarding admissions and ticketing, contact: (585) 327-4913
- For non-immediate questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auctions: See the gingerbread, wreaths, and trees in person and place your bids online! Use your own device at the museum or log on after your visit.
- Winning bidders must be able to pick up their gingerbread, wreaths, and tabletop trees from the museum in person. We cannot ship these items.
- Visit eastman.org/holidays for auctions and information.
- Open Tuesdays: The museum will be open on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during Sweet Creations.
- Open Thursday Evenings: The museum will be open until 8 p.m. on Thursdays during Sweet Creations, November 12 and 19, and December 3 and 10. (The museum is closed Thanksgiving Day.)
- Virtual 360 Mansion Tour: Not able to visit the museum for the holidays? See a virtual version of the historic mansion complete with holiday decorations, gingerbread creations, and decorative trees. (available beginning November 17).
Holiday Displays and Auctions
This annual display features dozens of cleverly designed and deliciously decorated gingerbread creations.
See the gingerbread, wreaths, and trees in person and place your bids online! Use your own device at the museum or log on after your visit. Instructions and information on bidding is located on the bidding site, click button below.
Need help? Click here for extended instructions on bidding online, or contact email@example.com with any unanswered questions.
Holiday Fun at Home
360 Holiday Tour
View the historic mansion decorated for the season—online with our holiday virtual tour.
Make your own gingerbread houses using our recipes, including making your own dough from scratch and ideas for more simple edible and festive creations.