Virtual Discovery Room
Featured Activity: Celebrating the Right to Vote
Inspired our current History of Photography rotation, Jamie Allen, the Stephen B. and Janice G. Ashley Associate Curator in the Department of Photography, shares some books and activities you can do at home to celebrate voting and the election.
- Celebrating the Right to Vote: Book Recommendations & Activities
- Suffrage Postcard Coloring Pages
- Virtual Tour of the History of Photography
Featured Activity: Cyanotypes & Anna Atkins
Join Chief Object Preparator Emily Phoenix as she reads you the story of Anna Atkins, an early photographic pioneer who used cyanotypes as a way to share plant specimens with the scientific community in the 19th century. Then, Emily and her daughter Edna show you how you can make your own Anna Atkins-inspired sun prints and cyanotypes.
The Bluest of Blues: Anna Atkins and the First Book of Photographs was written and illustrated by Fiona Robinson, and read with the permission of Abrams Children's Books.
Grab some pencils, crayons, and markers, and enjoy coloring objects from our collection!
These activities are a fun, hands-on way to explore the basics of photography using objects you can find around your home.
Ready to put your cooking skills to the test? Try making one of George Eastman's recipes from 1919!
- PDF: George Eastman's Camp Cookbook
- Video: How to make Eliza's Bread Pudding from George Eastman's Cookbook
- Article: Cooking by the Book: Making Eastman's Camp Recipes (Eliza's Bread Pudding & Rice Pudding)
- Article: Trying More Recipes from George Eastman's Camp Cookbook (Cheese Pudding & Onions Au Gratin)
Explore the museum from home with our virtual tours. Through the links below, you can access the historic mansion, see select behind-the-scenes areas, and tour the gardens in full bloom.
Storytime & Activities
Join us for activities and stories in George Eastman's historic library